Subject: Re: bash + chroot
To: Chris <rtschrisp@earthlink.net>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/23/2002 00:55:11
On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 04:13:56AM +0000, Chris wrote:
> 	This may be OT but ill try :) Im writing a script to build a bunch
> of source, and at a particular section of the script, I would like to
> chroot a directory, and compile a few packages within the chroot
> enviroment. I am writing the script for bash. From what I have been doing
> it seems as if my script will do the chroot, but the compile will start
> after the chrooted enviroment is exited. Any ideas? I know I could have
> the user chroot then run another script in the chrooted enviroment, but id
> rather automate everything :)

How are you using chroot? Are you running a script (or make or whatever)
from the chroot command line? Or are you running chroot with no command
given (which won't do what you seem to be asking)?
      'Concerns about "rights" and "ownership" of domains are inappropriate.
 It is appropriate to be concerned about "responsibilities" and "service"
 to the community.' -- RFC 1591, page 4: March 1994