Subject: uaudio help
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/22/2002 22:59:10
I'm trying out a nice pair of USB speakers.  NetBSD seems to have
detected them just fine (from dmesg):

uaudio0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0: harman/kardon SoundSticks, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2
uaudio0: audio rev 1.00
audio1 at uaudio0: full duplex, independent
uhidev0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 2
uhidev0: harman/kardon SoundSticks, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2, iclass 3/0
uhid0 at uhidev0: input=2, output=0, feature=0

But how do I play a CD to these speakers?  I'm using xmcd.  The sound
is still coming out to audio0.

I've tried changing links /dev/audio to /dev/audio1 and similarly for
/dev/sound.  But this didn't seem to work.  I've read the man pages
for audio, audioctl, mixerctl, and I'm stumped.  Obviously I'm missing
something simple: any ideas?

-russ