Subject: Re: slightly off topic: printing from a windows machine to cupsd
To: Mark <mindfunk@mindfunk.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/22/2002 21:15:00
On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 06:14:46PM -0600, Mark wrote:
> no, I want to be able to print from a windows machine to a printer
> attached via lpt to a netbsd machine running cupsd. I want to do this
> without using samba.
>
> I found out that win2k can do this easily... it looks like a problem with
> windows 98.... but I'm not completely sure.

I haven't tried this (I used Win2k/XP), but it looks like MS has an
update for Win98 that will add support for IPP:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows98/downloads/contents/wupreviews/ipp/default.asp

Assuming you have cupsd configured to service IPP requests, you should
be able to use something like this as the URL to your printer:
http://your_print_server_name:631/printers/your_printer_name
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++