Subject: Re: Keyboard Shortcuts In X
To: None <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Marko =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sch=FCtz?= <MarkoSchuetz@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/20/2002 18:23:47
From: "Jeff Flowers" <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
Subject: Keyboard Shortcuts In X
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 09:31:22 -0500

> I would like to set up X so that I can make, for example, the F12 key
> open a new XTerm. Is something like this possible? I've been searching
> documents on X customization but most seem to be concerned with other
> things.
>

> Thanks in advance,

I use blackbox as a window manager. There is a small programm called
bbkeys to attach actions to keyboard events.

bbkeys created the file below, which will give you an idea of what it
can do...

KeyToGrab(M), WithModifier(Mod1+Control), WithAction(MaximizeWindow)
KeyToGrab(Tab), WithModifier(Mod1), WithAction(NextWindow)
KeyToGrab(Right), WithModifier(Mod1), WithAction(NextWorkspace)
KeyToGrab(R), WithModifier(Mod1+Control+Shift), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(routelookup)
KeyToGrab(X), WithModifier(Mod1+Control+Shift), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(xterm -e zsh)
KeyToGrab(W), WithModifier(Control+Shift+Mod1), WithAction(ExecCommand), DoThis(xterm -e w3m http://www.google.de)

Hope this helps

Marko