Subject: Identifying Process/Command For Listening Socket
To: NetBSD Help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Conrad T. Pino <conrad@pino.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/20/2002 06:43:49
The "netstat -an" command shows me UDP port 65506 is open for listening:

Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
udp        0      0  *.65506                *.*

I want to know which process (PID) and command (program) has this port open.

FreeBSD has a "sockstat" command the provides PID and Command but this command
is not available on NetBSD.  See FreeBSD man page for specifics:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=sockstat&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+4.7-stable&format=html

How can I identify the PID or Command for a listening UDP port on NetBSD 1.5.2?

TIA