Subject: CFS broken by upgrade from NetBSD 1.3E to NetBSD 1.4.2
To: None <cfs@research.att.com, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@carolina.rr.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/18/2002 16:53:43
I recently upgraded from NetBSD 1.3E to NetBSD 1.4.2.
My plan was to use my old CFS binaries.
However, they no longer work; I can run them, but when I cattach a directory
they simply don't show up in /crypt.
Recompiling seems like a natural response, but I get these errors:

cfs_adm.c: In function `admproc_null_2':
cfs_adm.c:40: number of arguments doesn't match prototype
admproto.h:224: prototype declaration
cfs_adm.c: In function `admproc_attach_2':
cfs_adm.c:47: argument `rp' doesn't match prototype
admproto.h:227: prototype declaration
cfs_adm.c: In function `admproc_detach_2':
cfs_adm.c:160: argument `rp' doesn't match prototype
admproto.h:230: prototype declaration

I'm not an RPC expert, so I don't know exactly what's going on here.
Can anyone tell me why the old binary no longer functions properly,
or what I need to do to get it to recompile?

Just in case you're wondering, /etc/exports contains:
# bogus mount point for CFS
/mnt/null 127.0.0.1

And fstab contains:
localhost:/mnt/null /mnt/crypt nfs rw,noauto,nocoredump,nodev,soft,mntudp,nfsv2
0 0

Thanks for any help!