Subject: Re: filesystem netbsd and openbsd
To: joerch <helix@mayn.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/18/2002 23:01:25
On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 09:15:28PM +0000, joerch wrote:
> hi
>
> i want to switch my http,ftp,mail-server from
> openbsd to netbsd.
> i have no problem with installing netbsd or
> building a kernel.
> my only question is about the filesystemtypes.
>
> i got a "big" 10gb hd for ftp use and i never tried
> to mount this (running under openbsd) with netbsd.
> is there a big difference, i mean is it unmountable
> and unusable with netbsd, between the filesystem
> openbsd and the on netbsd uses ?

I believe you should be able to mount it just fine; as far as I know
openbsd doesn't have incompatible changes in its ffs.
You may want to save the disklabel somewhere, to be able to restore
it from NetBSD in case the format changed, but I suspect you won't even
need to restore it.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>