Subject: Re: Bandwidth throttling once limit reached
To: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
From: J. Piers Hearn <endareth@spamcop.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/17/2002 00:00:23
After further messing about I've ended up using netstat to dump out my data
usage, seeing as ipf doesn't seem to want to give my byte counts, only
packet counts. And I'm running a cron job to compare between old and new
totals to generate a running total.

So just as I get the point of looking at configuring altq, what happens? My
ISP decides to offer, and I quote: "The big addition is that we are now
offering a Flat-Rate option to existing plans, where once you hit either
the Peak or the Off-Peak Limit during your billing period then you will be
shaped to modem speeds until the beginning of the next billing period."
Argh!!!
Oh well, I think I'd prefer to track it myself anyway, it also lets me keep
a much closer eye on how much I'm using anyway...
:-)
Piers