Subject: Re: Your use of NedBSD?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: salvatore francavilla <s.francavilla@web.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/16/2002 22:34:11
Sam Carleton wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I thought I might take a poll.  Why do you use NetBSD?  I would like to be
>the first to take the poll:
>
>I am using it primarly as a firewall.  I like how secure it is, how the
>base install is very bare so that I can add only what I want on the
>machine.
>
>Sam

I simply use it as workstation for internet access with mozilla,
ipfilter ..etc. Also for cdburning with xcdroast. It works great!
Mainly i started with bsd to learn more about unix. NetBSD 1.6 is a very
clean and stable os.
Next time i want to install a separate firewall box. Many folks tell me
to use Openbsd instead of NetBSD for higher security. I'm not sure. Does
anybody have any experience with OpenBSD?