Subject: Re: Cloning /dev/wd0
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Urban Boquist <urban@boquist.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/10/2002 17:23:24
>>>>> Herb Peyerl writes:

Herb> You can try to use rsync to keep the filesystems sync'd up but
Herb> I've never had rsync work reliably; it's horribly broken.

Huh? Would you mind elaborating a bit on that?

I've used rsync for many years both to mirror disks and as a backup
tool and it usually works Just Great for me. When it comes to saving
bandwidth, the "rsync algorithm" is far superior to anything else that
I've ever seen. Granted, you need to understand what you are doing,
and use the correct command line flags, but saying that rsync is
"horribly broken" is unfair, to say the least, IMHO.

Kind regards,

        -- Urban