Subject: Re: Detecting a closed circuit
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/06/2002 21:02:24
"James K. Lowden" <jklowden@schemamania.org>  wrote:
 > I just bought a null modem at Radio Shack yesterday, $6.  My first one
 > (still in use) I made myself for $70 in parts (that's not a typo).  There
 > are things to like about the new good days.

Especially since I've seen at least 6 different versions of "null
modem cable/adapter". The one you bought at Rad Shack is probably
wrong and the one you made yourself is probably still better.

I'm astounded at what some of my customers buy for null-modem
cables/adapters and then I have to convince them that their
problem is in their cable and not my product.  "But the package
said null modem".

---
Real PC Serial console & remote reset - The PC Weasel! http://www.realweasel.com