Subject: Re: Can't get DHCP client to work
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: MLH <MLH@goathill.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/06/2002 22:25:58
On 6 Dec 2002 15:00:01 -0600, netbsd@ns.purk.ee wrote:
> Hi
>
> Create /etc/ifconfig.xi0 and add line 'up'
>
> /etc/rc.conf
> -------------
> dhclient=YES
> dhclient_flags="-q xi0"
>
> It should work simple like that or sometimes it depends on your ISP,
> man dhclient.conf

In http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-help/2002/07/19/0001.html
I talked about a Xircom carbus card that would not configure with
dhcp. After the referenced article was posted, I set up a series
of dhcp configurations that work with any other nic, but none of
them worked with the Xircom cardbus card. Never solved the problem.
The laptop is no longer available to test with.