Subject: Re: Ongoing search for a functioning USB SmartMedia reader
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/05/2002 19:37:04
On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Richard Rauch wrote:

> Sometime in November, I tried a couple of these (Belkin and ZiO!, neither
> of which worked for me).  Two people recommended readers that worked for
> them (the QVS and PQI readers).
>
> I found a QVS reader locally; plugging it into my NetBSD box, it mounts as
> a "PQI Travel Flash, rev 1.10/2.05, addr3".  Here's the dmesg:
 [...]

Okay, remembering a bit more, someone had told me that he needed to update
to a version of -current, so I grabbed the latest binary GENERIC kernel
from releng.netbsd.org and booted from that.

It now appears that it works.  So, err, "nevermind".  (^&

Now it's down to a matter of logistics, figuring out which machine is
going to keep the reader.