Subject: Ongoing search for a functioning USB SmartMedia reader
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/05/2002 19:12:41
Sometime in November, I tried a couple of these (Belkin and ZiO!, neither
of which worked for me).  Two people recommended readers that worked for
them (the QVS and PQI readers).

I found a QVS reader locally; plugging it into my NetBSD box, it mounts as
a "PQI Travel Flash, rev 1.10/2.05, addr3".  Here's the dmesg:

umass0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: PQI Travel Flash, rev 1.10/2.05, addr 3
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only

(Note that while the Belkin reader provided an sd0, I think, which was
always inactive (whether or not there was media present), this one
provides no such interface.)

Is this hosed, too, or is there something that I can do to make this work?
This is NetBSD/i386 1.6, vanilla installation (slightly customized kernel)
I do have the kernel config lines:

atapibus* at umass? channel ?
scsibus* at umass? channel ?
#wd* at umass?

Should I put back in the `wd* at umass'?  Or is there something related to
this "Bulk-Only" that I can enable?  Or is it possible that I can tweak
something in the USB/umass driver to make it start working?