Subject: Re: Screenshot of Console
To: Diego Linke - GAMK , <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/04/2002 21:24:39
Re. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-help/2002/12/04/0002.html

You've probably already sorted out some way to do this by now, but I feel
that I should mention an often-overlooked part of the NetBSD OS:
window(1).

window ships with NetBSD and runs on the *text* console, like screen.
Some of the differences being that window is a BSD program while screen is
GPL'd (and window ships with NetBSD).

(There are some other differences.  I remember concluding that they were
about equal in utility, if you didn't have some Must Have features that
one had and the other didn't.)

That said, it probably is easiest to just configure X (assuming X runs on
yoru platform and with your video hardware) and cut-and-paste from an
xterm.

Good luck.