Subject: Re: Mouse loses control
To: sucho2 <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/03/2002 19:57:04
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 06:24:54AM -0500, sucho2 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> For the GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel, I set /dev/wmouse1 for my USB mouse and
> /dev/wsmouse0 for my laptop built in ps/2 mouse.  Since I do not use the ps/2
> mouse on my laptop, I disabled the ps/2 mouse from my custom kernel and set

Hum, maybe there is something with this ? Maybe the laptop emulates a PS/2
mouse with USB, like keyboards ?

Also, in such a case you should use /dev/wsmouse. It will get events from
both wsmouse0 and wsmouse1.

> /dev/wsmouse0 in XF86Config.  I have tried KDE3, XFCE3.18, Windowmaker and all
> have mouse problem when I'm dragging windows or resizing them.  At the moment,

OK, so it's not a problem with windowmanager.

> I am thinking of tring the current to see if this is resolved or not.  Other
> than that, mouse seem to work fine (except, when I'm resiging windows,
> dragging something and mouse jumps or loses grip).  Thank you.

Well, I don't know what could be the problem. I use a logitech USB mouse
on both 1.6 and current, without problems.

> P.S.  Is it possible to use /dev/wsmouse instead of (/dev/wsmouse0 or
> /dev/wsmouse1) in XF86Config?

Yes, it should, unless you removed wsmux from your kernel config.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>