Subject: RE: Mouse loses control
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: sucho2 <sucho2@vt.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/03/2002 06:24:54
>===== Original Message From Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> =====
>On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 03:23:11AM +0000, Sung N. Cho wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It's a USB 3 button + wheel Kensington mouse.  It used to work fine with
>> previous release but now mouse behavior is uncontrollable.  Mouse
>> doesn't seem broken since it works fine in Windows98.
>>
>> Here's my dmesg + XF86Config file:
>> [...]
>>
>> --------------
>>
>> It seems now that I have to press my wheel to grab the windows.  Right
>> button sometimes grabs the windows and sometimes either makes the
>> windows full screen or close it.  I don't know why it's acting
>> randomly.  Also, when I try to resize the windows, mouse loses the grip
>> while dragging.  I tried it on both GENERIC kernel setting and my
>> custom setting.  Both yields the same result.  It really seem like
>> kernel is constantly doing something in the background.
>
>do you have moused running ?
>Do you use /dev/wsmouse or /dev/wsmouse0 ?
>Maybe also try another mouse if possible, or another window manager.
>
>--
>Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>     NetBSD: 23 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
>--

Hello,

For the GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel, I set /dev/wmouse1 for my USB mouse and
/dev/wsmouse0 for my laptop built in ps/2 mouse.  Since I do not use the ps/2
mouse on my laptop, I disabled the ps/2 mouse from my custom kernel and set
/dev/wsmouse0 in XF86Config.  I have tried KDE3, XFCE3.18, Windowmaker and all
have mouse problem when I'm dragging windows or resizing them.  At the moment,
I am thinking of tring the current to see if this is resolved or not.  Other
than that, mouse seem to work fine (except, when I'm resiging windows,
dragging something and mouse jumps or loses grip).  Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
S. N. Cho,
Tuesday, Dec. 03, 2002.

P.S.  Is it possible to use /dev/wsmouse instead of (/dev/wsmouse0 or
/dev/wsmouse1) in XF86Config?