Subject: Saned crashes on device list request
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dima Veselov <kab00m@lich.phys.spbu.ru>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/02/2002 02:14:56
Hello there!

   I have a Sun SS ELC box, netbooted NetBSD 1.6. I've installed
sane-backend package on it and have a problem:

If network client connected to saned tries to get device list
saned crashes dumping core even there is no scanner installed.
sane-find-scanner works and displays devices connected.
FreeBSD box in similar configuration works well.

It is possible to work, when client strictly knows what device
it should use, but hard to make twain-dialogs to work.
Anyone had same problems with this package?

System is NetBSD-1.6 release, scanner Mustek 1200SP (MFS-12000SP)
on ID6, box is Sun SS ELC, SCSI controller generic. No other SCSI
devices connected. Recognizes well as /dev/ss0. Kernel generic.

Thanks in advance.

--
Sincerelly yours, KaB00m