Subject: Re: SMTP servers (sendmail, postfix, ..?)
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: Daniel Eggert <danieleggert@mac.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/30/2002 13:52:07
On l=F8rdag, nov 30, 2002, at 05:25 Europe/Copenhagen, Richard Rauch=20
wrote:

> Now I'm looking at setting up email.  Looking around at NetBSD FAQ's,
> sendmail seems to be the only one discussed.  However, a few years =
ago,
> postfix was put in the NetBSD distribution for "evaluation".  It's=20
> still
> in there, so I might give that a whirl.  Or, maybe something from
> pkgsrc..?

If you can do with it's feature set, have a look at qmail. It's=20
supposed to really fast and very secure.

You might want to check this comparision:
	http://www.geocities.com/mailsoftware42/

Note: Some of the qmail patches can not be used together.

Daniel