Subject: Re: COMPAT_FREEBSD problem
To: None <collver1@attbi.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/28/2002 21:40:04
collver1@attbi.com wrote:
> The example binary came from:
> http://www.vcdgear.com/files/vcdgear16d_i386_freebsd42.tar.gz
>
> after extracting use: vcdgear16/vcdgear16_static
>
> This isn't very important to me personally, I can just use the
> Linux version of vcdgear under COMPAT_LINUX.

Weird. I tried to run the binary under -current, and it seemed
to work just fine (printed some help message). When I ktraced
it, it apparently recognized the binary as a freebsd binary and run
it under freebsd emulation. I loaded the freebsd compat via
LKM (compat_freebsd.o & exec_freebsd_elf.o), which shouldn't
make any difference.

The code in freebsd elf32 probe is same in -current as is
in 1.6, so I wonder why it failed for you. Do you have /emul/freebsd
setup properly? Can you send full ktrace output for the binary?
Like full kdump output of:

> ktrace ./vcdgear16_static
> kdump

Thanks,