Subject: Building the world, one make at a time
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Carlos A. Carnero Delgado <carnero@icrt.cu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/26/2002 01:13:38
Hi,

I've been tracking netbsd-1-6 using cvs in one of my workstations, and now
I'm ready to build the world. I have read /usr/src/BUILDING and
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/ and I just want to know if the
following is the correct procedure:

(1) Build the tool chain. In /usr/src run ./build.sh -t
(2) Build and install a new kernel (using the just built tools)
(3) Reboot into that kernel, and
(4) "build the world". In /usr/src run ./build.sh

Then what? I think I need some way to update my /etc files--much like
FreeBSD's mergemaster, right? Or that's something to do manually?

Thanks a lot,
Carlos.