Subject: Re: Very slow disk, part II.
To: Timothy A. Musson <timothy.musson@zin-tech.com>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/25/2002 09:07:00
> >What I ultimately did to "fix" the problem last year was to get in touch
> >with Maxtor's warranty people (I found that the drive was still under
 [...]
> >with.  They kept pushing for me to run their BillOS-only diagnostic tool.
 [...]
> I can't help you with your real problem, but I can mention that the program
> they're telling you to download just makes a bootable floppy. If you have a
> friend do that part for you, you should be able to use the diagnostic utility.

No, I'd also have to buy a floppy disk drive and install it before I could
use a floppy.  (^&

The consensus of replies that I've received (off the list; yours is the
only one that came back *on* the list) is that this is probably a power
supply problem.

Maybe I'll clean the fans on my computer and replace the power supply, and
see if that helps.  (^&