Subject: Re: Help with ipnat.
To: Tld <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
From: Ricardo Ryoiti S. Junior <suga@netbsd.com.br>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/22/2002 16:27:10
	Hi,

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Tld wrote:

> Anyway, I think you met the "cannot NAT to same NIC" problem which
> basically means you cannot NAT from and to the same card (which would be
> the case if the xxx.yyy.zzz/32 and 192.168.0/24 were on the same NIC).

	Yes, that's the problem. HOwever, it was running before on linux,
and the migration to NetBSD would then require another network card
attached to the SAME network segment. :/

> As for the other problem, you probably are NATting the connections from the
> computer (192.168.0.somehting/32) as they match the NAT rule, get rewritten
> (xxx.yyy.zzz/32) and are either blocked (192.168/16 should be blocked on
> the 'net) or sent (wia the wrong route :) )

	I noticed that when one machine on the first segment tries to
connect to another connected to the second segment, its IP gets NATed.

	[]'s
	Ricardo.