Subject: Re: Help with ipnat.
To: Pehr Johansson <pehr@mcats.net>
From: Tld <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/22/2002 15:44:31
Pehr Johansson wrote:
>>Anyway, I think you met the "cannot NAT to same NIC" problem which
>>basically means you cannot NAT from and to the same card (which would be
>>the case if the xxx.yyy.zzz/32 and 192.168.0/24 were on the same NIC).
>
> I must disagree, I have one NIC in my machine and NAT my other computer
> through it. Might not be a good solution, but it works...

You are indeed right, I confused that with port redirection (RDR). My mistake.
NAT via single NIC is definitely possible.

I think the problem is with the computer's network address falling in the
NATtable range. Moving it out of the range (or shrinking the range) will
probably solve all problems.

--
--- TLD
"There is no Good, one thorough, there is no Evil, there is only Flesh"