Subject: Re: Help with ipnat.
To: Ricardo Ryoiti S. Junior <suga@netbsd.com.br>
From: Tld <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/22/2002 15:28:45
Ricardo Ryoiti S. Junior wrote:
> 	I need a little help with ipnat. I' ve  a server with two network
> interfaces, each to a network segment with invalid ip addresses. The
> problem is that the first NIC also has a valid IP (the outgoing one), and
You really missed some vital information... like, which NIC is the
192.168.0/24 address tied to?

Anyway, I think you met the "cannot NAT to same NIC" problem which
basically means you cannot NAT from and to the same card (which would be
the case if the xxx.yyy.zzz/32 and 192.168.0/24 were on the same NIC).

As for the other problem, you probably are NATting the connections from the
computer (192.168.0.somehting/32) as they match the NAT rule, get rewritten
(xxx.yyy.zzz/32) and are either blocked (192.168/16 should be blocked on
the 'net) or sent (wia the wrong route :) )

Hope this helps.

--
--- TLD
"There is no Good, one thorough, there is no Evil, there is only Flesh"