Subject: Re: How to set the unlimited datasize permanently?
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/21/2002 11:00:20
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:44:59 +0000, Chris Wareham
<chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk> wrote:
> Sung N. Cho wrote:
> >
> > My question is, is there anyway I
> > can permanently set datasize to unlimited one?  It's a little annoying
> >
> > to type "unlimit datasize" in console and open lyx everytime!
>
> Try adding your unlimit line to the system wide csh login file found in
> /etc/csh.login. For sh, add a ulimit line in /etc/profile.

Hmm.  Is this in the same neighborhood as my "cannot fork" problem?  I
routinely have lots of X processes running:

$ ps -uxc |wc -l
      53

And I see that's perilously close to my process limit:

$ ulimit -u
80

unless there's something in startx that changes that.  Should I try
"ulimit -u 800; startx"?  Or is it something more fundamental?  I thought
I'd have to rebuild my kernel, so I was just living with the problem.

--jkl