Subject: Re: Thumbnail generator
To: Bill Schoolcraft <bill@linuxcare.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/18/2002 10:01:13
Bill Schoolcraft <bill@linuxcare.com>  wrote:
 > I have found "album" to be the easiest. Just drop the tarball into to
 > top of the photo directory, extract and then run ./album and it will
 > create all your thumbnails with a Internet ready webpage called
 > "index.html"
 >
 > I believe you need only imagemagick to run it too.
 >
 > http://MarginalHacks.com/Hacks/album/

How is that easier than just putting images in a directory? With
photoframe, you drop the images in, then the first time someone hits
it with a browser, it creates the thumbnails. When someone clicks on
a thumbnail, it creates a reduced image if you configure that (I have
mine make 640x480's out of the 1600x1200's.

It's literally trivial.  You can also assign an administrator password
so you can remotely, with your browser, edit the EXIF comment field,
and even delete images/thumbnails.  This way, I upload the images
using 'scp', and my wife edits the comments and delete any pictures
that are out of focus or that she doesn't want in there..

Photoframe rocks.