Subject: Re: Thumbnail generator
To: Brian Rose <saider@gate.net>
From: Johan A. van Zanten <johan@brahma.giantfoo.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/17/2002 12:48:35
---In message <3DD797B2.8000607@gate.net>
>Does anyone know of an image thumbnail generator? It's running on a
>server, so I do not have many libraries installed.
>
>What I need it to do is to read in an image file and generate a
>thumbnail image file in the same format. It needs to take all arguments
>on the command line because it will be embedded in a script.
>
>Something like this..
>$ thumbs file.jpg > thumbnail.jpg
>
>Anyone know of a package like this?

 I wrote a Korn shell script called "jpeg-thumb-dir" to do this. You can
find it here:

http://www.giantfoo.org/~johan/tech/source/its-alive.html

It requires the "djpeg" and "cjpeg" programs.  It work on directories, but
does not yet have a recursive mode.  (E.g. it will do one whole directory
of images.).

It's been tested on NetBSD and Solaris.

 --johan