Subject: RE:
To: 'Fernando' <fernando@rxp.com>
From: Rose, Brian <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/15/2002 09:15:34
There are no drive volumes in unix, just the filesystem. Everythign starts
with /

You will need to create mount points and mount your other drives to the root
filesystem. Essentially, you make a mount point (which is a regular
directory), and then you mount a drive partition to it. Like this...

# mkdir /d_drive
# mount -t msdos /dev/wd1a /d_drive

A basic setup for my system is on my web page. It should provide enough info
for you to at least be able to know what topics to search for.
http://home.gate.net/~saider/NetBSD/PCG_FXA32/NetBSD_Install_Log.html

Some other useful sites (posted on this list recently) for folks coming from
Win/DOS are..
http://handsonhowto.com/unix101.html
http://www.geek-girl.com/unix.html

There's always the NetBSD Guide
http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/netbsd.html

And Googling on NetBSD <topic> yields good results, too.

Good luck and don't be shy with the questions.