Subject: Re: /etc/ttys, ttyflags, and mdmbuf
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/15/2002 13:15:43
seebs@plethora.net said:

> In message <200211150611.gAF6B5A29182@guild.plethora.net>, Peter Seebach
> writes
> :
>># grep tty00 /etc/ttys
>>tty00   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" vt220   on secure mdmbuf
>
> Ah-hah!  That doesn't do it; you also need ":mb:" in the gettytab entry.

I remember fighting *a lot* agains getty, login and subsequently /bin/sh
when playing around with a TI 700 (small printing terminal, quite portable).
It needed 300bps, 7E1 (or similar) and while I got getty to get it right,
login needed something else and /bin/sh (or bash) would always reset it to
300 8N1. Ttyflags didn't help.

I finally solved it using ttyaction and stty. This was a loooong time ago
so I don't (want to) remember all the details.

--
jht