Subject: VIA USB
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew S. Herzog <msh@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/13/2002 15:41:30
Hi All.

On a i386 machine running NetBSD-1.6 I have no end of problems with my
usb controller. These problems began (I think) when I updated the BIOS
to accomodate a new cpu. Anyhow, here is the line from dmesg:

uhci0 at pci0 dev 7 function 2: VIA Technologies VT83C572 USB Controller (rev. 0
x02)

The controller simply halts at random intervals when I'm using my mouse.
The mouse is a Logitech Wingman. It will not reattach to the bus if I
unplug it and plug it back in.

Nov 13 15:17:48 pobble /netbsd: uhci0: host controller process error
Nov 13 15:17:48 pobble /netbsd: uhci0: host controller halted

Can anyone recommend a reliable USB card? Somehow I think this is not
a software issue.

Matt