Subject: Re: Prompts
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Vir=E1gh?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?_Barnab=E1s?= <bhs@ludens.elte.hu>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/12/2002 13:16:44
Just keep in mind that changing the root prompt must be done with care as=20
some utilities are on the /usr filesystem ( like /usr/bin/whoami ) so if=20
the system is booted into single user and doesn't have all the filesystems=
=20
mounted you can run into some odd situations.

To avoid this I've been leaving the root account alone (defaults to csh)=20
and have been using toor (set to use Korn shell with my own preferred=20
environment stuff).  So far it's worked for me...