Subject: Re: Error configuring new kernel : please help me
To: None <turbolinux@freemail.it>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/08/2002 06:43:30
On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 21:47, turbolinux@freemail.it wrote:

> I've installed and configured my NetBSD 1.6 Server without any problem.
>
> Today I decided to recompile my kernel an I downloaded last sys.tar.gz from main NetBSD site.
>
> When I tried to configure any kernel included in i386 dir I saw :

  This sounds like you were trying to compile -current from 1.6.  If you
want to compile an 1.6 kernel you need to download the sys.tar.gz
sources from the NetBSD-1.6 directory.

  If you want to upgrade from 1.6 to -current, the procedure is
different.  Have a look at the "Updating an existing system" section on

  http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/

  for more information ...

  Cheers
      ,