Subject: Kereberos 5 installation help?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jason DiCioccio <jd@ruby-lang.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/07/2002 12:30:39
This is my second shot at installing Kerberos on my network..

Anyway.. I seem to have gotten a bit farther this time.. However, the
problem that I'm having now is that when I telnet to the KDC from the KDC
after doing a kinit, I get the following error:

 Trying KERBEROS5 ... ]
[ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Read req failed: Key table
entry not found ]
[ Trying KERBEROS5 ... ]
[ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Read req failed: Key table
entry not found ]

I setup the realm *exactly* as stated at
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/#kerberos

Has anyone else run into this problem?  Is there something I'm missing?
Does each host have to have appropriate reverse DNS entries or something?
I feel that I'm missing a little thing here that's preventing this from
working.

Thanks in advance!
-JD-

--
Jason DiCioccio     - jd@bluenugget.net  - Useless .sig
Open Domain Service - geniusj@ods.org    - http://www.ods.org/

PGP Fingerprint - C442 04E2 26B0 3809 8357  96AB D350 9596 0436 7C08