Subject: =?windows-1252?Q?ProblemModel_NetConnect=0D=0A=09=0D=0A=09=282?=
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David J Iannucci <dji@myriad.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/06/2002 15:04:44
Hi,
    A friend burned the main install disc of i386 1.6
for me, but when I tried to create the install floppies,
rawrite.exe crashes with an exception.  So I booted up
an old NetBSD 1.5.x partition and tried using dd to make
the floppies (bootlap1/2, btw).  dd worked, but when I
tried to boot the machine with the first floppy, it just
hung right away -- no response.

The machine is a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop.

There doesn't appear to be any problem with the disc
or the way it was burned.  Could there possibly be
something wrong with the ISO image?  Not that I guess
there will be, but anyone have any idea what could be
causing this?

Thanks,
Dave