Subject: /dev/bktr
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <collver1@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/05/2002 19:39:16
Hi,

I am having trouble with my tv tuner board.  It works fine with fxtv, but
the display is tiny, especially on my high resolution desktop.  If I
maximize or resize fxtv, it no longer displays a picture.  I have also
tried mplayer, but it errors with "Sorry, selected video_out device is
incompatible with this codec."

Can anyone on this list verify whether fxtv displays anything after
resizing the window?  Does anyone have a working set of command line
arguments to use mplayer to display the video in X?

Thank you,

Ben

NetBSD 1.6 (GLEN) #0: Tue Nov  5 06:18:21 PST 2002
    root@glen:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GLEN
cpu0: Intel Pentium III (Katmai) (686-class), 551.31 MHz
bktr0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0
bktr0: interrupting at irq 12
bktr0: Hauppauge Model 61201 B226
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips NTSC tuner.

fxtv-1.03nb1	TV display application for Brooktree 848 compatible TV cards
mplayer-0.90rc9	Software only MPEG-1/2/4 video decoder