Subject: Cups problems
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <wleeson@indigo.ie>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/05/2002 10:16:46
Hi,
	This is probally a really stupid questing but here goes anyway. I am having a bit of trouble with cups and my Epson C62 printer. It seems that the old lpr printing system is interfering with cups beacuse program which try to use lpr instead of /usr/pkg/bin/lpr won't work and seem to put the printer in the wrong mode.What I'd like to know is there a way to get the old lpr system to use cups? or if that's not possible how can I get it out of the way. I tried using LPD=NO in rc.conf but that only stops the daemon from starting which is not quite the same thing. Oh BTW I think the package system for getting installing cups is a bit off I think certain packages seem to overwrite each other (gimp-print-cups and cups) so if you install them in the wrong order they don't work with my printer which needs gimp-print. I think a dependency would be in-order would that be correct? I am not sure how to submit a bug-report on this if indeed it is one!!!

Regards,
    William