Subject: Re: mozilla (emul/linux) refuses connection
To: Friedrich Ensslin <friedrich.ensslin@web.de>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/04/2002 05:56:24
On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Friedrich Ensslin wrote:

> I installed Mozilla 1.01 in emul/linux, but when trying to access any server (localhost, other local server or on the internet) , I see a message popping up, saying
> "The connection was refused when attempting to contact <hostname>".
> Using tcpdump on my network interface, i see no message traffic at all.
> This effect does not occur, when I use Netscape (also on emul/linux) or the NetBSD-native Mozilla (1.01 or 1.1). My kernel has option INET6 enabled (Could this matter, as I've heard about IPV6 troubles w. Mozilla ?) . Any ideas?

Thera are two possible failures I know:
- Mozilla set proxy to localhost, just change that to no proxy
- Mozilla gets problems with multiple userprofiles, for example if you have
  an Netscape 7.0 or an old 4.x running on your machine.

--
who | grep -i blonde | talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip;
gasp; finger; gasp; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep

That's why Unix is so sexy.              [My homepage: http://www.net-tex.de]