Subject: RE: newbie learning to use packages
To: 'Alistair Crooks' <agc@wasabisystems.com>
From: Michael D. Spence <spence@panix.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/28/2002 16:04:00

I'm pretty sure I've never encountered a NetBSD package that actually
installed into /usr/local.  But I am pretty sure I've seen /usr/local
mentioned in man pages and other documentation (e.g., examples) [Hmmm,
"for example, examples..."].  Anyway, I have an account at an ISP that
uses NetBSD.  They use /usr/local instead of /usr/pkg, but that may be
due to reasons of history or some other factors of which I know nothing.

I'm new to NetBSD, as you may have guessed.

Michael D. Spence
Mockingbird Data Systems, Inc.