Subject: Re: Recommended USB CF Card Reader for NetBSD?
To: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
From: None <wleeson@indigo.ie>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 08/11/2002 20:11:08
Hi,
	I just got a Memorex CompactFlash, Multimedia and SD card reader and it seems to work just fine

umass0 at uhub0 port 2 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: DataFab USB CF+SD, rev 1.10/1.03, addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 2 luns per target
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
sd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <, , > SCSI0 0/direct fixed
sd0: mode sense (4) returned nonsense; using fictitious geometry
sd0: 62976 KB, 61 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 125952 sectors
sd0: mode sense (4) returned nonsense; using fictitious geometry
sd0: no disk label

I just mount it to a directory and off I go. I does seem to be quite slow compared to when I use it from windows. I am sure pleanty of other cards work as long as they support the protocols of the umass driver (man umass will list them).

Regards,
	Willy B^)