Subject: postfix oddities in 1.6 BETA 4
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Muenther <jan@atstake.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/31/2002 23:29:30
Hello everybody,

after a little bumpy ride, I managed to update my fresh 1.5.2 install to
a 1.6 BETA 4.

Anyway, my prefered MTA clearly is postfix, so one of my first steps was to edit
mailer.conf to make the mailwrapper use postfix:

sendmail        /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
send-mail       /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
mailq           /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail
newaliases      /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix/sendmail

However, I was presented with an error I hadn't seen before:

Jul 30 16:57:06 dreher postfix/pickup[273]: warning: connect #1 to subsystem pub
lic/cleanup: No such file or directory

Digging around a bit, I found someone having the same problem on a recent
OpenBSD version, so I tried the fix that was presented and changed the
the line for cleanup in master.cf to the following:

cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup

the 'n' standing in the 'private' column where a '-' used to be.

However, now I get this here:

Jul 31 22:23:03 dreher postfix/sendmail[6152]: warning: mail_scan_int: bad integ
er: status
Jul 31 22:23:03 dreher postfix/pickup[6093]: 415701F7C3: uid=1000 from=<xxxx>
Jul 31 22:23:03 dreher postfix/sendmail[6152]: fatal: xxxx(1000): Error writing
message file

Though this looks fatal, in- and outgoing mail is actually delivered as it should
be - with the obvious exclusion of fetchmail not flushing the retrieved mail due
to the exit code.

Has anybody had the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Jan

`