Subject: Re: win2k and NetBSD
To: Piers Hearn <endareth@spamcop.net>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/31/2002 10:58:36
* Piers Hearn <endareth@spamcop.net> [020731 01:39]:
> Rasputin,
> I'm running a multi-boot of .NET Server (close enough to W2K) and NetBSD
> (1.5.2), one drive two partitions, just using the standard fdisk boot
> loader and having no problems. If it's not working for you I'd try using a
> different boot loader, possibly even the standard NT one used by W2K,
> there's some bootstrap code which you can set the NT boot loader to run
> which is supposed to boot NetBSD from a different drive, though I haven't
> got it working myself. Can't remember off the top of my head where I found
> it, but a search should pull it up.

Yeah, you bugger about with boot.ini I think.
Downer to that is it assumes you trust Win** to boot far enough to load
NetBSD, which I don't :)

Manuel hit the nail on the head -

fdisk -i wd0 (to flush old bootmenu)
and then
fdisk -B wd0

worked a treat.

Does anyone know why fdisk doesn't notice the bootmenu has been overwritten,
incidentally?