Subject: win2k and NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/30/2002 09:59:17
Just a quick check - anything I should bear in mond when dual-booting
win2k and NetBSD?

Original setup was:

20Gb drive on primary controller of Promise card
40Gb drive on 2ndary controller of Promise card

20Gb had win98 on it, 40 Gb has NetBSD (Current)

I booted off cd to the NetBSD drive, then used fdisk to
install a boot menu onto the windows disk to autoboot netbsd off
disk 2 after 5 seconds.

Got annoyed with 98 for crashing so much, thought I'd try win2k
("All I want is to play Civ3! Is that too much to ask?") - on reflection,
a pretty dumb idea, but hey...

2k seems very NT-like (NTFS fs, loads 200 drivers for kit I haven't got
before installing, etc), but I can't seem to replace my bootmenu.

Either fdisk isn't updating it like it says it is, or I
need to do something odd.

Anyone else dual-booting 2k (or NT) happily with NetBSD?
Thanks.