Subject: Mounting FAT32 paritions
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/29/2002 12:12:01
My computer has two hard drives attached to a Promise controller card,
wd0 and wd1. NetBSD is installed on wd0 and I have a single primary
(2GB, FAT32) partition on wd1.

I need to mount the second drive's FAT32 partition in order to
retrieve some files off of it but I keep getting an alert about the
disk being unconfigured. I really need the data off that partition, so
I am afraid to play too much. What do I need to do in order for NetBSD
to mount that partition? I tried:

mount_msdos /dev/wd1a /mnt
mount -t msdos /dev/wd1a /mnt

Sorry if I missed this in the FAQ but I didn't see it.

Jeff Flowers
jeffrey@jeffreyf.net

BTW: Thanks to those who responded to my question about Mpeg players
for NetBSD. Using pkgsrc, I installed mplayer last night and it works
great. It even supported my DiVX files, a pleasant surprise.