Subject: CVS difficulties
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/25/2002 10:39:04
I'm trying to figure out CVS and trying to update my src tree.  I don't
have any pressing need for it - just trying to figure it out.  I
downloaded the tar files for the 1.5.3 sources but can't seem to
update.  cvs login works OUTSIDE /usr/src, but as I understand it I
need to be in /usr/src to update.

Any help would be appreciated!

# cd /usr/src
# ls
CHANGES-1.5.1   Makefile.inc    etc             libexec         usr.bin
CHANGES-1.5.2   bin             games           regress         usr.sbin
CHANGES-1.5.3   crypto          gnu             sbin
CVS             dist            include         share
Makefile        distrib         lib             sys
# cvs update -rnetbsd-1-5 -P -d
anoncvs.netbsd.org: Connection refused
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
# export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
# cvs login
cvs login: can only use pserver method with `login' command
cvs [login aborted]: CVSROOT: anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot

--
Steve Tremblett