Subject: Re: DVD movies.
To: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/2002 01:26:51
On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:
> ... that's a bad idea, and everyone knows it except Microsoft.  There's NO
> advantage, and it wastes space on your scsi/ide bus. _Maybe_ I can see it a
> good idea if you had some extreme desire to use a equilizer on your CD audio
> output, but even then.

Apple's been doing it too. I have plenty of space on my SCSI/IDE bus
(come on, 172Kbytes/s isn't a huge amount of bandwidth). And the
advantage is that the inside of your computer's an electrically noisy
place--with USB speakers, you can keep the signal digital until you get
to the speakers.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++