Subject: Re: Startup Messages
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/12/2002 21:19:21
On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 03:05:36PM -0400, Michael G. Schabert wrote:
> [...]
> I certainly wouldn't object if someone wanted to start tackling it,
> but I personally think that resources could definitely be better
> spent elsewhere than something that's as superficial as this.

So what makes you feel the need to ridicule the subject ? Maybe someone
just woke up and feels the need to tackle it down. *Talking* about it
surely isn't wasting resources, if we're wasting yours, ignore the
thread and don't reply. For some users though it could be interesting
to have something like this. This could also imply that you could maybe
type dmesg -l <level>, while at e.g. 0 all would be reported, and on 1
(or 2 or whatever) only the errant messages would remain. Oh what a
waste of resources, clarity...

-Martin