Subject: Re: X resolutions and icons
To: Daniel Picker <dp3@cec.wustl.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/08/2002 22:17:55
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Daniel Picker wrote:

[clipped XF86Config]

Your first "Depth"s were 8 and your Modes started with 640x800 (so that is
why it started that way).

My earlier email said:

 Use DefaultColorDepth to set the default you want, like to 32.

> It looks to me as if all the modes are supported I just dont know how to
> change the res in X. Any help would be appreciated.

Or you can also choose depth when starting like:

  startx -- -bpp 32

By the way, I was given a simple tool that gives some useful info
like:

$ ./xvidmode
1024x768
clk=65000 hdisplay=1024 hsyncstart=1032 hsyncend=1176 htotal=1344
vdisplay=768 vsyncstart=771 vsyncend=777 vtotal=806

I'll package it up for NetBSD and send-pr it.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/