Subject: Re: netbsd-1-6 questions
To: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/03/2002 14:56:34
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 07:24:30AM -0400, Jeff Flowers wrote:
> > *  The X server (XFree86, version 4.2.0) does not restore
> >    the video mode of the consoles.  Neither on exit nor on
> >    ctl-alt-F1
> >    Sometimes the video mode will restore, but with the font in
> >    such dark black/green that it appears invisible.  At other
> >    times the monitor does not even click into another video.
> >    The keyboard appears to be alive and switching correctly.
>
> Are you using a Radeon card? I just installed one in my NetBSD box and after
> I launch the X server, I can't get my console video back either.

This is fixed in xsrc. (I have a Sony Vaio laptop with ATI Radeon
Mobility on board, and can confirm that it does indeed fix the
problem).

RCS file: /cvsroot/xsrc/xfree/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/radeon_driver.c,v
revision 1.2
date: 2002/06/25 17:54:32;  author: tron;  state: Exp;  lines: +2245 -680
Fix problems with virtual text console turning black after X11 has been
started. Patch supplied by Matthias Drochner in private e-mail.

Regards,
Alistair