Subject: Stopping and removing X connection
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Kozberski <pkoz@adam.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/30/2002 10:54:09
I have started kde 2.2.2 on X 3.3.6 on 1.5.2 and it works.
I exit X  and try to compile open office. It stops and indicates that the X server is
still running:
Fatal Server Error: Server is already active for display 2
If this server is no longer running remove /tmp/.X2-lock and start again
/usr/X11R6/bin/Xvfb :2 &
DISPLAY=':2';export DISPLAY  ( I think I noted that down correctly)

I note that the /tmp/.X2-lock file remains after I rm it and is picked up by locate
even though it appears to be removed.
When I try to compile it returns.
It's frustration because OO it a big compile.
I've tried to remove instances of the Xserver with X :2 -terminate
but with no clear result.
I have no clue why I should have multiple X servers active or why I should have Xvfb

-- Peter Kozberski